Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

11.14.2011

0 Toots Story


Me? A dog person?? I never knew I was a dog person until this beautiful girl came into our little world.
 
It was the day some very RUDE person left here on the side of the road. She was tied to a tree with a  half empty bag of puppy food. My nurturing instinct came in full force and we just had to have her! Let me tell you I was terrified of what this dog was going to do to our family...was my ocd going to kick in? Would I turn into total meanie butt to my hubby and son? I was allowing her to come into our home with (almost) white sofas... Ok if you know me then you know what a clean-germ-anti-dust-stinky smelling kinda freak I am. Believe me I hate that I am this way. So we took her home I bathed her got her all new fun dog toys, a nice comfy bed she was set! I absolutely fell in love. I never knew that a dog could make our little family so complete. She was simply amazing. Potty trained, loving and so protective. We were ready for her to be with us and share our little world together. We planned on having her grow with our boys.

Well it was about a month and we found out she had two mammary tumors. Now I remind you that we have never been animal people what so ever. We took her the vet and they quoted us $3000! I could not believe it! I mean geesh we were barely getting by ourselves and to come up with this kind of money it was tough, but we didn't give up. We had to make her better. There was no way we could let her suffer. Thankfully I have some pretty awesome people in my life and were able to get a loan. Thank the lord we were so relieved, we were going to make her all better. The day of her surgery came and we were so happy. Never did we have any kind of doubt that something would go wrong. The vet tech came took her leash out of my hand as I looked her in the eye and told her "I love you and we will see you in a bit" my son hugged her and we waved bye to her as she looked back. Hours went by and I still hadn't heard from the Vet. I called to see if everything was ok and that's when the vet told me she didn't make it. I felt as if It was almost a prank. I mean there was just no way. She had to come home to her fresh clean bed I had just washed for her. We had everything ready to nurse her back to health. I fell to my knees and began to cry. I have never felt that empty in my life. We immediately rushed back to the vet hospital where our little family fell apart. We have never gone through anything like this before. All we can do is continue to comfort each other and know that she is in a better place now. As here leash, collar and pictures stay hanging we have accepted that we can not have another dog again. We can't go through the pain of losing someone so dear to us again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey You! Thanks so much for your sweet little love notes =D