Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

11.06.2012

4 "That" Mom








While I sit here in my comfy socks patiently waiting for the cooler weather....Hopefully it will show up sometime soon... I just realized I'm that mom.. the mom that sometimes feeds my child cereal before school.. the mom that sometimes cooks makes sandwiches for dinner.. I'm the mom that lets my nature loving baby play in the mud & of course walk around barefoot since he refuses to keep shoes on. I might give in sometimes and allow candy before dinner....I'm the mom that tries so hard to be that "perfect" mom...I just realized I'm so far from it. Maybe I just need to stop tearing myself apart... I mean come on.. there really isn't a "Perfect Mommy" award out there..is there? Instead I choose to continue to be the mommy I am. I work hard as a mommy and I guess I will continue to do what I do. My boys are pretty awesome...And who  doesn't love cereal for breakfast? For all you moms out there.. there is no such thing as a perfect mom. We all have our little flaws & that makes us  unique.. What is perfect anyways? All I know is my little guys think I'm pretty darn wonderful & that is all that matters.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is such a great post - because you are RIGHT. To your boys you are PERFECT.

    I keep trying to remind myself that things don't have to always go as planned. I'm having a girl in January, and I've got all this lofty goals - going to cook all this organic, home meals and make sure they are blah,blah,blah. But at the end of the day, the times I remember most are when my mom LET me have cereal, and we had cheerio fights - not the mornings I had waffles and perfectly pressed linens.

    You are PERFECT to your boys - and thats absolutely perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful post! I am the exact same way (: The best moms are the ones who occasionally let their kids have candy before dinner, run around with no shoes on, play in mud, etc. You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guuuurl, currently I'm the mom feeding my kids pancakes for lunch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post. All that matters is that you are wonderful to them. Every mom is perfectly perfect in their own way. You sound wonderful and real.

    ReplyDelete

Hey You! Thanks so much for your sweet little love notes =D